Friday 7 March 2014

Wildling in an Eden Dress

Wildling in an Eden Dress
Pattern: Eden Dress by Petite Kids Boutique


I recently had the opportunity to review this gorgeous dress by Petite Kids Boutique
and I have to say that I am impressed.




I had a remnant left over from a previous project 
which was just enough for the bodice of this dress,



and this amazing piece of lace was give to me by a Mum at school.




I shortened the dress by 2 inches because I felt the length was 
slightly overwhelming for such a young child.









This is the first knot dress I have made because usually I don't like them.
I had considered shortening the straps and adding a button 
but I am glad I stuck with the pattern. 
It really works with this style of dress.




I made a size 3 for my 3 year old and the fit is perfect. 


Ordinarily I would complete an item in 1 or 2 sewing sessions but
this one took me a little longer. I think it was worth the effort.

If you are looking for a dress pattern for a special occasion,
this should be one to consider. This is such a lovely dress.

2 comments:

  1. I love how it turned out! And love the pictures, there is a vintage style on them. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete