Saturday 15 March 2014

Layered Style Dress for Big Sister

Layered Style Dress for Big Sister 




I had enough fabric left over from the little Aboriginal Print Top
that I was able to make this sweet little dress to match.

I picked up this soft stretchy denim looking fabric from the op shop the same day I found the Aboriginal print material so I was able to make 2 outfits for the grand total of $5.75.




I don't sew with knit fabric very often but kids love wearing it because it is so comfy.
I must use it more.


Up, up, up they go.


Made it.



I cut some length off the skirt and used this to make the hair tie.






Good old Australian Bush.
We are so lucky to be surrounded by it.



 I love co-ordinating outfits without them being identical.
I think these turned out lovely and I'm sure
they will get heaps of wear as the weather cools down.




2 comments:

  1. Sherry, I love the aboriginal print top. Are you stocking these in your etsy shop??

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing, Sherry, making both outfits for $5.75!!! I like the fact that they are similar, without being the same. They both look great. Awesome photos, too.

    ReplyDelete